IT Class 10 code 402 Important Questions Unit-1 Digital Documentation | Session 2
IT Class 10 code 402 Important Questions of Unit-1 Digital Documentation | Session 2
Q1. Write two ways of inserting an image in Open Office document.
Ans. We can insert an image in Open Office document by many ways :
1. Drag and Drop
2. Inserting an image using a scanner.
3. Inserting an image from the gallery
4. Inserting an image from the clipboard.
5. Insert image from insert picture dialog
Q2. Write the steps of inserting an image by drag and drop method.
Ans. The steps of inserting an image by drag and drop method are :
1 Open a file browser window and locate the image you want to insert.
2. Drag the image into the Writer document and drop it where you want it to appear.
Q3. How can you insert an image in Open Office Writer from menu bar?
Ans. We can insert image as follows
1 Click in the Open Office document where you want the image to appear.
2. Choose Insert > Picture > From File from the menu bar.
3. On the Insert Picture dialog (see Figure 1.5), navigate to the file to be inserted, select it, and click Open.
Q4. Write the shortcut to copy and paste an image .
Ans. Shortcut for copy is : Ctrl + C and shortcut for paste is : Ctrl + V
Q5. Write the steps of inserting an image from the gallery.
Ans. Steps of inserting an image from the gallery are as follows :
1 Choose Tools > Gallery from the menu bar.
2. Find the picture in gallery which is to be inserted.
3. Drag it from the Gallery into the Writer document
Q6. How can you open the picture toolbar?
Ans. Picture toolbar can be opened by clicking on View > Toolbars > Picture
Q7. Write three ways to undo a task in Open Office Writer.
Ans. We can undo a task in Open Office Writer as follows:
1. By Pressing Ctrl + Z
2. By Pressing Alt + Backspace
3. By Selecting Edit > Undo
Q8. Explain the following filters :
1. Invert : Inverts the color values of a color image or the brightness values of a grayscale image.
2. Smooth : Softens the contrast of an image.
3. Aging : Simulates the effects of time on a picture.
4. Posterize : Makes a picture appear like a painting by reducing the number of colors used.
Q9. What is the use of transparency option in picture toolbar?
Ans. This is particularly useful when creating a watermark or when wrapping the image in the background.
Q10. What do you mean by Image Cropping? How can you do
Ans. Image Cropping means to cut a particular section/part of an image for a document. To start cropping the image, right click on it and select Picture from the pop-up menu. In the Picture dialog box, select the Crop page.
Q11. What do you mean by resizing an image?
Ans. Resizing an image means to increase or decrease the size of an image according to the requirement.
Q12. How can you resize an image?
Ans. To resize an image :
1 Select the picture by clicking on it to show the green sizing handles.
2. Drag the handles to resize.
3. Release the mouse button when satisfied with the new size.
Q13. How can you open the drawing toolbar?
Ans. Drawing toolbar can be opened by clicking on View > Toolbars > Drawing
Q14. How can you make a group of different drawing objects?
Ans. To group drawing objects :
1. Select one object, then hold down the Shift key and select the others you want to include in the group.
2. Choose Format > Group > Group from the menu bar or right-click and choose Group > Group from the pop-up menu.
Q15. Define the following in reference to the positioning of graphic.
- Text Wrapping
Arrangement : Arrangement refers to the placement of a graphic on an imaginary vertical axis.
Alignment : Alignment refers to the vertical or horizontal placement of a graphic in relation to the chosen anchor point.
Text Wrapping : Text wrapping refers to the relation of graphics to the surrounding text, which may wrap around the graphic on one or both sides, be overprinted behind or in front of the graphic
Anchoring : Anchoring refers to the reference point for the graphics. This point could be the page, or frame.
Click for Session 1 : Important Questions
Click for Session 3 : Important Questions
Click for Session 4 : Important Questions
Click for Session 5 : Important Questions